Here’s my short list of books that have contributed to the re-shaping of my life. Sometimes it’s hard to find the balance especially once the parts start to move at a very rapid pace.
1. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership – John C. Maxwell
2. Success Through Stillness – Russell Simmons
This book has really helped me understand the process of meditation and how to meditate without using the guided meditation apps. Even though guided meditation helps when I’m unable to relax my mind. Finding books on meditation in plain language and easy to understand is very hard to come by.
3. Simplify Your Life – Elaine St. James
Still working on this one. I’m stubborn and old habits are hard to break. Work in progress!
4. Your Money or Your Life – Vicki Robin & Joe Dominguez
This book has changed the way I look at my finances.
5. The Essential Gandhi – Mahatma Gandhi
Gandhi has opened my eyes to living with more compassion. I’ve also seriously see animals, in relation to food consumption in a new light. I’m teaching myself more about becoming a vegan. This is a very powerful book, especially for me, giving up bacon would be like almost tragic…seriously!
6. Miracles Happen, The Life and Timeless Principles Of The Founder of Mary Kay INC – Mary Kay Ash
7. The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People – Stephen R. Covey
I needed this book ten years ago. I have studied it relentlessly because my life was very chaotic. Mr. Covey gave me insight on my children, my life, understanding people a little better, and I have a better grip on my schedule. I have honestly learned that it’s okay to say “no” sometimes.
8. Living The Simple Life – Elaine St. James
9. How Successful People Think – John C. Maxwell
This book was introduced to me right after the Chief results came out and my name wasn’t on the list again. It’s hard to describe. I will just say it’s a must read!
I wish I could add some fiction to my list but I can’t. I stopped reading fiction a long time ago. I have enough drama in my life for fiction.
What’s your favorite book? Leave a comment and tell me your thoughts!