I married my friend. Sometimes we forget and have to be reminded when life gets busy around us. This was awesome and relatable.
In many of my articles I refer to “courtship” or “courting a woman,” when discussing chivalry and romance, but it is rarely defined in modern times. According to Dictionary.com, what is courtship, exactly?
1. The wooing of one person by another.
2. The period during which such wooing takes place.
3. Solicitation of favors, applause, etc.
4. Ethology. behavior in animals that occurs before and during mating, often including elaborate displays.
5. Obsolete. courtly behavior; courtesy; gallantry.
While “solicitation of favors” is questionable, one of these points stands out to me even more – the use of “Obsolete” in number five, in addition to courtesy.
Why is taking the time to ‘woo’ someone obsolete? Why has it all but disappeared from modern society, and why do I think we should work to keep it alive? Here are five reasons.
You’ll develop a stronger relationship.
It is traditionally so that…
View original post 771 more words